The last two premier league title winners are set to faceoff at Leicester City’s home King Power Stadium on Saturday!
Leicester could include new signing Aleksandar Dragovic in their squad. The 26-year-old defender joined the club on a season-long loan from Bayer Leverkusen on the final day of the summer transfer window.
Nampalys Mendy and Danny Drinkwater, who joined Chelsea, have departed since the 2-0 defeat at Manchester United on August 26.
Robert Huth (ankle) and Vicente Iborra (groin) are both back in training after injury but Saturday's match will come too soon for both players.
Provisional squad: Schmeichel, Jakupovic, Hamer, Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, Chilwell, Maguire, Dragovic, Wasilewski, Benalouane, Ndidi, Amartey, Gray, Albrighton, Thomas, Mahrez, Musa, Vardy, Ulloa, Slimani, Okazaki, Iheanacho.
Eden Hazard is able to make his first Chelsea appearance of the season.
The Belgium playmaker is fit again after ankle surgery, while Danny Drinkwater is in line for his Chelsea debut against his former club - but Conte admits the midfielder is not match fit.
The Blues can pick from full strength with a clean bill of health following the international break.
Provisional squad: Courtois, Caballero, Rudiger, Alonso, Kante, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Pedro, Bakayoko, Moses, Willian, Hazard, Batshuayi, Morata, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Christiansen, Kenedy, Tomori, Musonda, Boga, Scott, Zappacosta.
- Leicester have lost 11 of their last 13 games against Chelsea in all competitions, with their only two non-defeats in that time coming in the 2015-16 Premier League season (W1 D1).
- Chelsea have won five of their last six away matches against the Foxes (L1), scoring at least three goals in all of those victories, including two last season (4-2 in the League Cup, 3-0 in the Premier League).
- The Foxes have only kept one home Premier League clean sheet against Chelsea in 11 matches against them, with Pegguy Arphexad the goalkeeper to do so in February 1998.
- Chelsea haven’t won away from home in the month of September in any of the last four Premier League seasons (W0 D4 L3). Last season they drew 2-2 at Swansea before losing 0-3 at Arsenal in September 2016.
- However, Antonio Conte’s side have won 13 of their last 17 Premier League away games (W13 D2 L2) and have only failed to score in two of these trips.
- Since August 2016, Leicester City have lost 10 of their 14 Premier League matches against 2016-17’s top six sides and picked up only eight points out of a possible 42 (W2 D2 L10).
- Danny Drinkwater has made more tackles in the Premier League than any other English player (190) since the start of the 2015-16 season.
- Cesc Fabregas has been involved in six goals in four starts against Leicester for Chelsea in all competitions, scoring three and assisting three - against no side has he been involved in more goals for Chelsea.
- Alvaro Morata has scored two goals and assisted two more in his three Premier League appearances so far. The players with the most goal involvements within their first four PL apps for Chelsea are Diego Costa (7), Cesc Fabregas (6) and Eden Hazard (5).
- Jamie Vardy has scored 10 goals in 16 Premier League appearances since Craig Shakespeare first took charge of a Leicester City game on February 27th. In this period, only Harry Kane (12) and Romelu Lukaku (11) have more Premier League goals.